Our Red Pesto is an interpretation of the renowned “Salsa Portofino”. It is prepared starting from a base of Pesto alla Genovese with the addition of tomatoes, dried slowly in the Mediterranean sun. A surprising, strong and decisive taste for those who appreciate intense flavours.
(Red Pesto – 8719689843014)
• Ideal for the preparation of bruschetta and canapes.
• Also as an additional ingredient to enhance the taste of sauces.
• It enriches first courses, meat and cheeses.
• We recommend to not heat the sauce, but add it in the end of cooking.
• Note : during storage the olive oil inside can come up because it is liquid, and lighter than the other ingredients. Don’t worry: just stir it back in and the product is ready to use!
Preparation of Dried Tomatoes* 50% (dried tomatoes* 59%, extra virgin olive oil*, salt, sugar*, capers*, oregano*, basil*, white wine vinegar*), Extra Virgin Olive Oil*, Cashew Nuts*, Basilico Genovese PDO in Extra Virgin Olive Oil* 11% (Basilico Genovese PDO* 48%, extra virgin olive oil* 45%, salt), Parmigiano Reggiano DOP* (milk*, salt, rennet), Pine Nuts*, Walnuts*, Apple Fiber*, Garlic*, Salt, Acidity regulator: citric acid. (*Organic Ingredients)
May contain traces of other Nuts, Soy.
Once opened the product must be covered with plenty of olive oil and stored in the fridge.
Average values per 100 g
Energy : 1870 kJ / 452 kcal
Fats : 39,0 g
– of which saturated : 5,6 g
Carbohydrates : 17,8 g
– of which sugars : 9,4 g
Protein : 5,2 g
Salt : 1,96 g